ICT Service Desk Support Technical Analyst | Worcester
4Recruitment Services require an ICT Service Desk Support/Technical Analyst to work within Worcester.
Full-Time (35 Hours) Monday – Friday
Salary is £10 – £14 per hour.
To provide an effective, professional and customer focused ICT Service Desk service ensuring that all customer incidents, requests and queries are captured and progressed swiftly, focusing on first time fix when possible which meet customer needs and expectations as agreed in the corporate Service Level Agreement.
The successful ICT Service Desk Support Technical Analyst will be required:
- To record, categorise, monitor and resolve incidents and service requests to ensure that operational problems are resolved as quickly as possible, reducing their impact on Council service delivery.
- To provide help and guidance to users, including routine training in the normal usage of systems, products and services, to ensure systems are used effectively and efficiently and to maximise the Council’s return on its technology investments.
- To monitor the adoption of the Council’s information security, data protection and usage policies, reporting any breaches to ICT Services’ management, to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Council’s information assets.
- To manage the configuration of mobile phones including smartphones and to resolve any associated user issues.
- To ensure that all Configuration Management Database (CMDB) information is captured and that the Service Desk System is updated appropriately to enable the ICT Service to make appropriate plans and to implement change management effectively.
- To ensure that the Software Asset Management system is updated appropriately with new and deleted hardware CIs to enable the ICT Services to be compliant with the licences of software.
- To perform any other duties relevant to the role as required
- To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff in their development and training
- To undertake other such duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job
- To undertake health and safety duties commensurate with the job and/or as detailed in the Directorate’s Health and Safety Policy
- The duties described in this job description must be carried out in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and due respect for all employees and service users and is consistent with the Council’s Equality and Diversity Policy
To apply for this the ICT Service Desk Support Technical Analyst must have:
- Considerable experience of operating a IT Helpdesk/Service Desk or similar service and using associated systems to provide 1st and 2nd line support
- Considerable experience of ICT technical skills across a range of hardware, operating systems, applications and networking including Windows 7/10, MS Office 2010/2016/ 365 and Active Directory
- Considerable experience of providing remote support to users
- Considerable experience of basic network troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 7 / 10 and MS Office 2010 / 2016
- Strong troubleshooting skills across a broad range of laptop and desktop technologies
- Educated to A-level or equivalent, e.g. NVQ3 preferably in a relevant IT subject, or considerable experience working within a PC support/installations role
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified/Unqualified Social Workers and Healthcare Professionals.
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Housing vacancies in your area:
Please contact Alex Tomkins on 0208 514 9131.